2008-11-05

Over Two Months in Ecuador

Sometimes i can hardly believe I´ve been here two months; sometimes it feels like I have lived here for years. The first month I learned how to ride in the busses with the crazy drivers. My host mom doesn´t have a car or a liscence; therefore, we always take busses or taxis. I´ve bartered with taxi drivers, got my bus legs and lost my wallet. Luckily there was no cash in my wallet. Unluckily, I had to wait for three weeks to get a new debit card. I love rain and plants, so Quito is a wonderful place to be. Impatients that grow maybe 6" in the states grow about 2-3´here. I like washing clothes on the roof, but I can´t (or really don´t want to) when it´s raining and wind blowing hard and it´s freezing... that´s every afternoon at about four. Quito does not have weather in the news, it is fairly predictable. Usually it is 10-22 degrees celcious, beautiful in the morning, clouds roll in at 1 or 2 in the afternoon, it starts to rain either at 2 or at 4. I love it here.

No comments: