2008-11-16

Día de los Deportes

Dia de los deportes is Sports Day. Every school has one Saturday dedicated to the kickoff of sports. We march around in our team uniforms (each grade makes one) , sing the national anthem, have the mini olympic run with the torch, sing the sports song, and then have some competitions.
I accidently turned down the nomination of Sports Queen, but thats okay. One girl from every grade dresses up, has an escort, and competes for Ms. Sports Queen. We also have best uniform competitions, and best poster competitions. Then you just eat food and be bored. After this, I went over to my friend Emilia´s house, ate lunch, and started working on our Physics/Math/Geometry project. we have to do three experiments (hard experiments...) that use these three subjects. We started researching. Emilia´s little sister came in (shes like 9) and put me through all these different tests. First it was how to pronounce sEnglish words, then it was how to pronounce spanish words, then it was flexibility tests. I did wonderful in english and pretty good in spanish, but FLEXIBILITY? no. I can not put my leg over my shoulder. I can not bend over backwords int o an arch. I can not do the splits. I can do 48 situps in a minute though, so that was good. We had fun. After that, I went over to my friend Zoe´s house. Zoe is from Chicago and we are both here with the same program XPlorer. We went for a walk and bought $2 orange choclolate bread and High School Musical 3 for $1.50!!! It´s not that great of a copy, but it is better than nothing! Today we went to English Fellowship Church, ate mora banana crepes and walked in the Christmasy decorated park. It was a lot of fun. To top of my wonderful weekend, I have no school tomorrow!!! Yay Dia de los Deportes!!

No comments: